Baylor University in Waco, Texas
Baylor University's history dates back to 1845 when it was chartered by the then Congress of the Republic of Texas. It is one of the oldest learning institutions in Texas, USA. Having been one of the leading academic institutions for years, Baylor University is a learning institution and a highly ranked national research center. It is a privately-owned Christian university that hosts more than sixteen thousand students.
Baylor University, being the largest higher learning institution under the Baptist convention, sits on 400 hectares of land. It is located on the Brazos River banks near Dallas and Austin, with its address being 1311 S 5th St, Waco, TX 76706. The institution is known for granting undergraduate degrees and postgraduate degrees, including masters, doctorates, and professional degrees. The University's mission is to see that men and women from different parts of the globe acquire world-class leadership and service through academic achievements and Christian faith.
What is Baylor University known for?
1. The nationally ranked academic excellence and research in various disciplines.
2. The world-class leadership that steers the mission and vision of Baylor University, passing on the heritage from one generation to the other.
3. The vibrant campus provides a conducive environment for students to climb up the ladder in academics and the Christian faith.
4. Athletic excellence. The campus lately took part in 19 competitions and emerged on the top list of the big 12s and United States best team.
5. Christian Commitment. Everything that happens in the University is built on a Christian faith foundation. Faith guides the mind to understand God's creation and care for the community.
The University has received many accolades due to its high standing in an excellent education, research, degree value, and affordability. For its fantastic work, Baylor has received awards and recognition from organizations such as; Fiske Guide, American Bar Association, Kiplinger, and Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education.